-
Booting/Windows XP
Background first. I have 1 hard drive hardware. It's divided/partioned to 4.
It's like this before I installed Knoppix into hard drive:
1-XP
2-Files for Downloads
3-Files for Downloads
4-Files for Downloads
I wanted it to be:
1-XP
2-Files for Downloads
3-Files for Downloads
4-Knoppix
But it became:
1-Knoppix
2-Files for Downloads
3-FIles for Downloads
4-Knoppix
So my XP is gone. I'm fine with that, I "can" install again. However, I can't even access it! Like when I go to "File Manager", it doesn't show it. I mean.. It doesn't show #1. It shows 2-4.
Also. I'm using Knoppix from the CD right now. How do I boot using my hard drive(probably #1)... I've tried to google, still no luck. I don't really understand this much. New to Linux.
So. Real question is... How do I boot using hard drive and how do I make it so the computer recognizes #1 so I can install XP?
Similar Threads
-
By jason331 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 17
Last Post: 05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
-
By karxix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-30-2008, 01:54 AM
-
By IamLost in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2006, 12:07 AM
-
By world in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 12:37 AM
-
By pvsurfer in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00