Quote Originally Posted by bizarro
The ISO image is compiled for each person that requests it from an internal website and GDM uses their own network login name and a password they specify. The CD expires in 6 months using time from time servers on our network.
OK, I have to give you a network name and password, and then the software identifies itself by IP address back to your system over the Internet (rather than take advantage of the many commonly used public time servers that even many commercial products like routers use). How could a paranoid person have any problem with that?

But does it really need to expire in six months? If I want to make a backup disc for dead Windows PC systems data recovery, I kind of want to burn it and test it, then put it into my disc case of tools until needed. If it works it works. You might add stuff in six months, and I might even come back and get a revised version. But why does the disc I make for emergency use have to expire in 6 months?