-
Junior Member
registered user
I have a little information for you, but not the whole answers, but I hope it helps some.
1. I do alot of work on computers, and I often see those small slices of extra space left over, some one please correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that it has to do with the type of partitioning that the Hdd recieved on how much is left over. I believe that is also has to do with the physical disk size and the formatted disk size as long as the file system clusters. I am not entirely sure, but this is what I believe.
2. Yes you can install more programs w/o doing a Hdd install, however you do need some type of media to store them on. You have multiple options of doing this. If you want to spend the time, and have the space, a remastering would be the best. If you don't, you can put a persistent home dir on an external device and use some programs that way. I know firefox and azureus don't need any other files that what is in their folders. (azureus does however need java). I believe that I also saw a discussion about being able to install other programs on external devices, that needed packages and the such, but I can't seem to find it right now.
Similar Threads
-
By Capt. Stu in forum Klik
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 10:18 AM
-
By sdalek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 03:48 AM
-
By massai in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 11:51 PM
-
By massai in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-28-2003, 02:02 AM
-
By mldaalder in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height
$899.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

LSI Oracle 9361-16i 16-Port 12Gb SAS PCIe RAID Controller 7332895
$77.97

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Dell 01M71J PERC H740P 12Gbps PCI-E SAS RAID Controller 1M71J
$70.00