Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cannot find filesystem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4

    Cannot find filesystem

    I ordered a CD of Knoppix and am booting from a floppy disk. However, during the boot process, it tells me that it cannot find the KNOPPIX filesystem and allows me to exit the boot. Does anyone know how to remedy this? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Boot into your normal operating system- windows I presume, have a look at what's on the cd you bought. Is it a bootable disc or does it just contain a file named something like Knoppix-blah-blah.iso ?
    If it has the .iso extension then you do not have a bootable cd. You can make a bootable cd from the disc you bought though.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4
    I have looked at the CD and there are no files with an iso extension. The file named Knoppix has no extension so I'm assuming I have a bootabel CD. Any suggestions?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I assume you made the floppy from the Knoppix cd yourself? How did you do it exactly?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4
    You're correct. I did make the floppy myself by using the rawrite2 program included on the CD and writing the boot.img file to the floppy.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    If your floppy has these files on it then it should work:
    boot.msg
    f2
    ldlinux.sys
    logo.16
    miniroot.gz
    syslinux.cfg
    vmlinuz

    This is just a guess but do you have 2 cdrom drives? If so did you put the cd into the other cdrom drive?
    BTW- I have Knoppix 3.2-03-30 and it has a batch file named mkfloppy.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4
    First, I do not have another CD ROM. I checked the contents of the floppy and it matches what you indicated along with an extra file named german.kbd. I also checked the CD and I have a file called mkfloppy also. What might you suggest I do?

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I used the mkfloppy batch file and it worked fine on 2 systems. I really have no idea why it wouldn't work on yours. I would try another floppy as it is possible to wear them out (I always have good luck with Windows For Workgroups floppies)

    Anybody else got any ideas?

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem 3.7 vs 3.4
    By mariuss in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 02:48 AM
  2. can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
  3. Can't Find Knoppix FileSystem
    By firefly2442 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 08:00 PM
  4. Can't find Knoppix filesystem
    By befuddled in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 03:42 AM
  5. Can't Find Knoppix Filesystem
    By primetime in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 07:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$49.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99