Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Download grube.zip

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7

    Download grube.zip

    http://s119307663.onlinehome.us/grube.zip
    Does the above URL exist at all I have been trying to download grube.zip for last couple of days now, but I only get Error on the mention URL!
    Please give the gorrech URL so that I can download grube package or someone please send it as attachment to me at : [email protected]

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7
    Thanx for that URL, I added it to my Download Accelarator Plus queue. 17 MB is huge for a dial-up user like me, it equals the download of Lord of the Rings for a Broadband user!! I shall take a couple of days to download grube.zip, install it and check to see if it works fine, however I do have certain other queries about Knoppix :

    1) I created ISO images of GamesKnoppix and Knoppix 3.6 on my C:. I found that GamesKnoppix does not have Knoqueror installed and hence whenever I click my harddisk partitions on the desktop and Open With window pops up. What File Manager do I associate with harddisk partitions, I tried to give /usr/bin/icewm in command box of Open With window, the cursor does animate for few seconds as if it will display the contents of that partition, but nothing happens there upon. I have not faced this prob in Knoppix 3.6 as Konqueror is installed as the default file manager here!

    2) A common problem I faced in both GamesKnoppix and Knoppix 3.6 is that I am not able to open the contents of the partition where I saved the images of these distros! I mean to say that on my C: drive I have a movie stored along with the images of GamesKnoppix and Knoppix 3.6. I opened Xine, to watch the movie I scrolled to its location in my case /mnt/hdc1 , however I am unable to see their contents in the Xine window. I checked /etc/fstab and found nothing wrong there.
    Help here is urgently needed!

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7
    Wow !! that was my first expression when I could run Knoppix 3.6 from Grube.zip !!
    It is simply amazing and kudos to the guys who developed it.
    After this I do not face the above mentioned problems. I just wonder if I can run GamesKnoppix from grub as well, and is it possible to run other Linuxes from grube just by little configuring ?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7
    How can I mount my windows partitions a read-write ?. I mean read only limits its use a rescue disk to certain extent that it cannot delete unwanted files on win partitions. I would like to mount win partitions a read-write

Similar Threads

  1. what to download ??
    By hero92 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:22 PM
  2. How do you download it?
    By Bruce in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 07:22 AM
  3. 3,5 download ftp
    By cybercoin in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 12:12 PM
  4. Do you also download????
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 03:05 AM
  5. What do I download?
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



2026 NEW SGIN 15.6

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C

$333.99



Portable SSD External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2 Fast Transfer 1TB-128TB picture

Portable SSD External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2 Fast Transfer 1TB-128TB

$38.99