any modem conected to network card (nic) or serial port ia suported out of box.
Hi,
can anyone give me a list that shows all (external) modems supported by Knoppix 3.8.1?
Thanks, s-m-n
any modem conected to network card (nic) or serial port ia suported out of box.
OK, thanks. s-m-n
So I can use Devolo Microlink 56k Fun II?
Details:
http://www.devolo.com/co_EN/produkte...ml56kfun2.html
yes, that should work just fine.
if it does not i would be surprised.
all i know is that
US Robotics 56K PCI Faxmodem model 5660A and
Conexant HSFi V90 V92 56K PCI Modem
dont work right out of the box. So maybe they just have to be custom configured to work with Knoppix, but i'm new to Linux so I have no clue what to do, and so far i'm not getting any help![]()
Sorry, but I'm also very new to Knoppix...
Some Linux distribution have integrated drivers for (some) winmodems: Mepis, Kanotix (younger brother of Knoppix), ALT Compact (http://www.altlinux.com/), Kurumin, but Knoppix has not. Your both modems are winmodems and this is good site to start with: http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/Originally Posted by lorryballantyne
well i checked out that site and managed to get my modem to dial out, but now I cant browse webpages, it keeps on timing out. Also the connection keeps on getting cut off (KPPP error:16)![]()
One needs to enter the correct information or connect won't happen, and it times out.
For example, on attglobal.net I had to enter something like this in user i.d. box?
usinet [email protected]
On earthlink. I need my full email address:
[email protected]
On Prodigy in Mexico, just the prefix:
BDJones
the @prodigy.mx.com is not used and will not work.
I found the correct usage with ethereal sniffer in Windows, where the software took care of it for me.
Apologies if this does not help. My attitude is to make sure the easy things are done, and sometimes this can be offensive to those who really have tried everything.![]()

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00