-
Ah ha! GREAT suggestion. I didn't even know that there was a setup utility like this for KDM.
Okay, I ran kxconfig and it seemed to have found everything okay.
Video Card: NVidia Riva TNT (actually, it's a Diamond Viper V330, which is a Nvidia Riva 128 chipset)
Monitor: Envision monitor that I'm using
Keyboard: found it
Mouse: well, it's telling me that my PS2 mouse is USB, but it works!
I beleive everything autodetected just fine.
But, you got me thinking! I took a look at the KDM error log, and found that in addition to the "no screens found" error, that it was saying that it couldn't start in 16 bit resolution. So, I used kxconfig to change my resolution to 24 bit, and guess what?
IT'S WORKING!!! Just finished rebooting, as I had initially set it to 640x480 resolution mode, which stinks.
It's now loaded up and running like a champ in 1024x768, which is about the maximum capability of my monitor.
THANKS MUCH!
ben
Similar Threads
-
By pacefl in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2007, 08:48 PM
-
By Vollkorn in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-17-2006, 05:46 PM
-
By dntchaseme in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-10-2005, 03:36 PM
-
By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 10:14 PM
-
By ichoeff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 01:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99