actually you should just have to reconfigure your networksettings as root. i guess you use dhcp so you need to start pump. depending on distro things are slightly diferent as to how you set things up to do that automagically.
Hello. I've used ubuntu and now Agnula, both also Debian-based systems like Knoppix.
I'm a totaly n00b who'll be happy with something like Agnula (or maybe Paipix) once I get my internet connections going-- eventually to wireless.
But it's really bugging me that with complete HDD installs each of ubuntu and Agnula, they cannot clue-in to the ethernet connection the way that Knoppix and 2-3 other live CD Linux distros I've tried. Someone gave me some magic words to type to get ubuntu to find the ethernet internet connection, but upon reboot it was clueless again. The next time I sat at PC, I tried Agnula, but got the same deal....
I'm not asking here for technical advice on fixing a problem, but rather advice on picking a distro. Are any quite as bright as Knoppix when it comes to hardware detection?
actually you should just have to reconfigure your networksettings as root. i guess you use dhcp so you need to start pump. depending on distro things are slightly diferent as to how you set things up to do that automagically.

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
Vintage Microsoft Multimedia PS/2 Wired Computer Keyboard KB-0168 Black Tested
$29.95
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed
$34.99