Hi
On loading from the CD It detects everything but gets stuck at
eth detected waiting for IP....
Since i have not connected to the network. how do i bypass this?
regards
James
Machine Hp Ze4901us
Hi
On loading from the CD It detects everything but gets stuck at
eth detected waiting for IP....
Since i have not connected to the network. how do i bypass this?
regards
James
Machine Hp Ze4901us
You did not mention which Knoppix distro failed, but that error looks like an error that is hit-or-miss, depending on the computer hardware combination.
I found Knoppix 3.7 did not work on HP Pavilion ze4041, but Knoppix 3.8 did work. I have also found that Mepis worked on the HP (but I do not like the Mepis desktop, so I am switching... PCLinuxOS is pretty cool).

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99