-
Grub
I'm doing the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition method. I don't know how to setup my menu.lst file. I've tried numerous ways.
title Knoppix 3.8.1 from NTFS sda1 ISO scan ramdisk=32MB
kernel (hd,0)/boot/knoppix.381/linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 nomce quiet bootfrom=/dev/hd0/boot/knoppix.381/*.iso config=scan home=scan ramdisk=32768 noprompt
initrd (hd,0)/boot/knoppix.381/minirt_ntfs.gz
boot
It's those "(hd,0)" thingy. I've tried sda,0 and sda1,0 and sda,1
Here's background.
I have 2 physical hard drive.
1- 36 gig sata
2- 200gb sata
Ignore my 36gig, going take out that soon. #2 is partioned into 4.
1-windows xp
2-files/dl
3-files for download
4-files for downloading
Anyways. My C:\=one of the 36gig
My Windows XP is I:\
What should I put in my menu.lst? Plz help
-
The 'root' you entered looks incorrect. Change to
-
Re: Grub

Originally Posted by
tenlientl
Do you get the grub prompt (grub is loaded properly from the ntlfr/boot.ini) ? if not you should work on your boot.ini file.
If yes, use the autocompletion of the interactive mode to figure out what is the syntax to use. Try to type something like:
"root (hd" + "the tab key" or
"root (sd" + "the tab key"
and grub will show you a list of options. You can enter all the commands of the menu.lst manually to boot...
Good luck, Gilles
Similar Threads
-
By grandad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-27-2009, 09:03 PM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-04-2004, 07:31 PM
-
By Neil Young & Crazy Ho in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 07:05 AM
-
By dantay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-10-2003, 04:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99