-
Using knoppix with a virtual machine like dsl, possible?
Hi there,
I've got a question, I've ran into DSL some days ago and must say works fine using QEMU to run dsl within a windows session. Now wouldn't it be great to be able to run knoppix on QEMU within a windows session?
As a n00b to linux I haven't got a clue how to start with this, I know that dsl uses knoppix to boot etc but could I put an entire knopix distro on a flash disk with qemu and would that run within a session?
Or could one start it from a cdrom with a vm?
I hope to hear form you lads.
B@se
-
Senior Member
registered user
People have been experimenting with qemu and knoppix (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=15884&start=0). Personally, I prefer VMware Workstation for Windows, a commercial product. It allows me to run Knoppix 4.0 from within windows at a reasonable speed (Sempron 3100+, 512 MB RAM). VMware offers a free 30 day evaluation license, maybe you want to play around with it. It is also compatible with Suse Linux and Ubuntu.
Good luck!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Using knoppix with a virtual machine like dsl, possible?

Originally Posted by
B@se
Or could one start it from a cdrom with a vm?
I hope to hear form you lads.
B@se
no problem starting from cdrom or better: from Mepis.iso
I am talking about VMware or VirtualPC
qemu is unsable for me, it is 40 times slowly than VMware
Similar Threads
-
By bigmahlman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-22-2010, 06:00 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2008, 07:26 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-25-2008, 07:10 PM
-
By adamherb in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 03:22 AM
-
By kenblood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99