Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 3.8.1 started locking up

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51

    3.8.1 started locking up

    I had 3.7 HD-installed with noscsi nodma cheats,
    Decided to reinstall with 3.8.1, so I downloaded and burned
    and booted the cd without any cheats, no problem.
    So I installed it without cheats still no problem.

    Now the second day it started freezeing up on me
    with a high CPU load (Playing XMMS and loading Oo.org would do it).,
    I fsck all the drives, no change. So now I've added the
    nodma cheat back and seems to run fine again.
    It's only the first coupe of days but I thought I had already done
    some high CPU load stuff with DMA enabled.

    I also have a coupe of errors on boot right around where it mounts the Swap drive.
    I get 4 lines of: Mkdir no file or directory ";' no such ..........
    and later another one shows up: ls no /home/*/desktop

    I'm just wondering if I should go ahead and reinstall it
    or if somebody has any idea what could be going on.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    Full error message. appers at first boot from HD (re)install.

    mkdir: cannot create directory `' : no such file or directory

    I'm pretty sure it's really two errors but that is all it says.

Similar Threads

  1. locking the screen
    By jbeck in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 09:20 AM
  2. qtparted keeps locking up
    By Wh0M3 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 08:09 PM
  3. Locking up on boot getting very annoyed!!
    By Zeus in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 03:52 AM
  4. Knoppix locking up on boot
    By hobbes5683 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
  5. THUMBDRIVE locking up Knoppix...........why?
    By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$1444.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99