The 'root' you entered looks incorrect. ChangetoCode:(hd,0)Code:(hd0,0)
I'm doing the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition method. I don't know how to setup my menu.lst file. I've tried numerous ways.
title Knoppix 3.8.1 from NTFS sda1 ISO scan ramdisk=32MB
kernel (hd,0)/boot/knoppix.381/linux ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 nomce quiet bootfrom=/dev/hd0/boot/knoppix.381/*.iso config=scan home=scan ramdisk=32768 noprompt
initrd (hd,0)/boot/knoppix.381/minirt_ntfs.gz
boot
It's those "(hd,0)" thingy. I've tried sda,0 and sda1,0 and sda,1
Here's background.
I have 2 physical hard drive.
1- 36 gig sata
2- 200gb sata
Ignore my 36gig, going take out that soon. #2 is partioned into 4.
1-windows xp
2-files/dl
3-files for download
4-files for downloading
Anyways. My C:\=one of the 36gig
My Windows XP is I:\
What should I put in my menu.lst? Plz help
The 'root' you entered looks incorrect. ChangetoCode:(hd,0)Code:(hd0,0)
Do you get the grub prompt (grub is loaded properly from the ntlfr/boot.ini) ? if not you should work on your boot.ini file.Originally Posted by tenlientl
If yes, use the autocompletion of the interactive mode to figure out what is the syntax to use. Try to type something like:
"root (hd" + "the tab key" or
"root (sd" + "the tab key"
and grub will show you a list of options. You can enter all the commands of the menu.lst manually to boot...
Good luck, Gilles

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum
$149.99