-
Junior Member
registered user
Small success = "beep"
Thanks for the suggestion regarding the centre, I fooled around with this and did get a "beep" heard through the headphones.
I'm sorry to have another dumb beginner question--when I place an audio cd into the cdrom nothing happens. When I try as su
mount cdaudio , mount cdrom , mount etc., I get an error that in /etc/mtab or /etc/fstab there is not a proper entry. Looking at /etc/fstab
# /etc/fstab: filesystem table.
#
# filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass
/dev/hda2 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/dvd /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
/dev/cdaudio /cdaudio iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/hda1 none swap defaults 0 0
for /etc/mtab there does not seem to be such an entry,
/dev/hda2 / ext3 rw,errors=remount-ro 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
/dev/pts /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs rw 0 0
capifs /dev/capi capifs rw,mode=0666 0 0
I'll check the user forum about this issue, but just report the observation.
Thanks again for the centre suggestion, I had no idea about this resource,
cheers,
Freitag
Similar Threads
-
By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-20-2006, 09:21 PM
-
By charon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 01:25 PM
-
By naoliv in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:16 PM
-
By smittybomb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 09:39 PM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08