-
Permissions
I have the following folders:
/home/linrad/
Within the linrad folder I have an executable called linrad. If I go to the Konquerer window to execute linrad, I get the following:
svgalib: cannot get I/O permissions
I have done everything I know, short of standing on my head, to change the permissions in svgalib, and so far have failed.
I can run the executable from root. I have used root to try to change the permissions.
as in chmod oug+rwx <file name> ( i don't remember the exact file name. I would have to go out to the shop and look.
Can someone please point me in the direction of executing this application without goung to root.
Thanks,
Mike
-
Senior Member
registered user
You're doing this the hard way.
Try it this way:
Kmenu>System>More Programs>File Manager Super User Mode
This should prompt you for the root password and then present you with a Konqueror Window.
Now, click your way to the directory in which file you want to change is, right click on the file, select properties and the permissions tab. At the bottom you can change ownership, while the advanced permissions button enables you to select who can execute it.
-
Thanks fingers99, I will try that.
Mike
-
fingers99, that certainly is significantly more simple that what I was doing. Now, the problem is that so far, I have been unable to locate the appropriate svgalib file to edit. I still have to go into su to be able to launch the application. I will keep looking.
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Chances are it's either represented as a cog wheel or a tv set.
Could well be that linrad/linrad itself is the culprit. You could try changing the ownership of the directory recursively (that is, change the top linrad directory and check the little "apply this to subdirectories (or whatever) button).
Similar Threads
-
By blockHEAD in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2009, 04:38 AM
-
By n47713 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-28-2008, 07:27 PM
-
By newiaqua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By sdat1333 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By tony177 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99