Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Multiple panels in KDE.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Multiple panels in KDE.

    Hello, I was trying to change KDE's look so when you boot you'll have more than one panel. First, I changed the look of KDE in the live-cd, went to /home/knoppix/.kde/share/config and copied kickerrc( the main panel ) to /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickerrc. For the child panels I noticed that a separate file is created for each child panel you add, so I copied /home/knoppix/.kde/share/config/childpanel-extension-*rc to /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/ the problem is that the main panel's( kickerrc ) configuration takes effect when I boot from my remastered copy, but any child panel I created will not be displayed correctly, an empty panel will be created instead, like if you just added a new panel. Is there any other file needed for these child panels to display correctly? Anyone ever experienced something like this? Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Fixed.

    Well I don't have that problem anymore, I ended up copying /home/knoppix/* to /etc/skel/ after making the changes and now everything shows up correctly, I'm not sure why I didn't do that from the beggining.

Similar Threads

  1. Multiple shortcuts on multiple desktops in Knoppix 4.0.2
    By Dredman in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 10:42 PM
  2. Multiple Servers
    By hernan in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 02:27 AM
  3. multiple monitors
    By gyro in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Multiple Monitors in KDE
    By Simon_Haddad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 06:23 AM
  5. Multiple Editions
    By godsdog in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$249.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$199.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 CORE i7-10610U 1.80GHZ 256GB 16GB WCam WiFi W11 Cord picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 CORE i7-10610U 1.80GHZ 256GB 16GB WCam WiFi W11 Cord

$175.00



Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...

$749.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...

$379.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



(OEM) Lenovo WE04 Yoga Pen picture

(OEM) Lenovo WE04 Yoga Pen

$15.25



Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI picture

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI

$144.00