Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Multiple panels in KDE.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Multiple panels in KDE.

    Hello, I was trying to change KDE's look so when you boot you'll have more than one panel. First, I changed the look of KDE in the live-cd, went to /home/knoppix/.kde/share/config and copied kickerrc( the main panel ) to /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickerrc. For the child panels I noticed that a separate file is created for each child panel you add, so I copied /home/knoppix/.kde/share/config/childpanel-extension-*rc to /etc/skel/.kde/share/config/ the problem is that the main panel's( kickerrc ) configuration takes effect when I boot from my remastered copy, but any child panel I created will not be displayed correctly, an empty panel will be created instead, like if you just added a new panel. Is there any other file needed for these child panels to display correctly? Anyone ever experienced something like this? Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Fixed.

    Well I don't have that problem anymore, I ended up copying /home/knoppix/* to /etc/skel/ after making the changes and now everything shows up correctly, I'm not sure why I didn't do that from the beggining.

Similar Threads

  1. Multiple shortcuts on multiple desktops in Knoppix 4.0.2
    By Dredman in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 10:42 PM
  2. Multiple Servers
    By hernan in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 02:27 AM
  3. multiple monitors
    By gyro in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 10:31 PM
  4. Multiple Monitors in KDE
    By Simon_Haddad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 06:23 AM
  5. Multiple Editions
    By godsdog in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-6700 3.40 GHz QUAD Core (4 Core) Desktop Processor 8MB LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-6700 3.40 GHz QUAD Core (4 Core) Desktop Processor 8MB LGA 1151

$29.99



GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4 picture

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4

$229.95



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$798.00