-
HELP?!?! Lost MBR!
I don't know if anyone here can help, but I don't know where else to go...
I've got a notebook computer that was setup to dual boot: Windoze XP and Ubuntu, using Grub. I wanted to get rid of Ubuntu (giving me headaches), resize the Linux partition for more space and install Kanotix. Using "Partition Magic", I found the only way to do this was to get rid of the Linux partition and then give the extra space to Windoze. All seemed to go well, and I had it set up with:
c: drive ( FAT32 - hda1 to Linux)
d: drive (NTFS - hda5 to Linux)
BUT, Grub now won't boot. Idiot that I am
I didn't realize that Grub was booting from the Linux partition (?), so now that the Linux partition is gone, I can't boot my computer!!!
When I boot from the Kanotix CD, I'm able to access both Windows partitions, so I don't think I've lost any data. But how do I recover my MBR?
Thanks!!!!!
Paul
Similar Threads
-
By lwalper in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-21-2009, 04:44 PM
-
By kg4wxw in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-02-2006, 06:28 AM
-
By rozen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 07:07 PM
-
By mataemon_araki in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-08-2006, 01:13 AM
-
By babelbrennt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2005, 01:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$139.99

fanxiang S660 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 Internal SSD w/ Heatsink Gray
$120.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73