-
Why is Knoppix able to clue-in to ethernet connection and ot
Hello. I've used ubuntu and now Agnula, both also Debian-based systems like Knoppix.
I'm a totaly n00b who'll be happy with something like Agnula (or maybe Paipix) once I get my internet connections going-- eventually to wireless.
But it's really bugging me that with complete HDD installs each of ubuntu and Agnula, they cannot clue-in to the ethernet connection the way that Knoppix and 2-3 other live CD Linux distros I've tried. Someone gave me some magic words to type to get ubuntu to find the ethernet internet connection, but upon reboot it was clueless again. The next time I sat at PC, I tried Agnula, but got the same deal....
I'm not asking here for technical advice on fixing a problem, but rather advice on picking a distro. Are any quite as bright as Knoppix when it comes to hardware detection?
-
Senior Member
registered user
actually you should just have to reconfigure your networksettings as root. i guess you use dhcp so you need to start pump. depending on distro things are slightly diferent as to how you set things up to do that automagically.
Similar Threads
-
By Francesco Pietra in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2006, 07:02 PM
-
By Lachinger in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-24-2005, 11:41 AM
-
By babelbrennt in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 05:09 PM
-
By RigasW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 12:47 PM
-
By CptKrf in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 02:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98