A friend of mine had a problem with his laptop last week. Apparently after he rebooted, the ntfs.sys file got corrupted and so now can't log into Windows (XP, by the way). Last year I had a similar problem, only that it was some dll required for logging in. Since I'd never used Knoppix before (though I was a junior in CS at the time), my step-brother booted it up and copied the file from my Dell recovery partition (which he also has). Since this was around Knoppix 3.2 or so, he had to do something like mounting the NTFS onto Knoppix (I'm not really sure since he did it while I was out of the room). Anyway, does anyone know how this might work in my friend's case? My concern is that Knoppix uses the ntfs.sys file for writing to an ntfs partition (right?). Sorry to be bugging you, but he wants this done before he goes back home for the summer next weekend and I'm simply too bogged down with senior projects and whatnot. Any help would be appreciated.

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00