is it a usb mouse or a ps/2??
My curser is frozen! I cannot use my mouse. I tried 'Knoppix wheelmouse' and 'Knoppix pci=irqmask=0x0e98' to no avail. The mouse is a Labtec Optical.
Any help welcome.
is it a usb mouse or a ps/2??
ps/2
Flashed an updated BIOS and now my mouse works...at least the buttons. Working on the wheel now.
<snip>
My curser is frozen! I cannot use my mouse... The mouse is a Labtec Optical.
</snip>
Knoppix, like most Linuxes, is rather persnickety about mouses. I would consider a Labtec brand mouse to be a generic mouse from an unknown OEM; Labtec doesn't manufacture them.
I have had excellent $20 mouses that refused to work (one would not let me complete a SuSE install, for example) and $2 generic mouses that work just fine. I have found that current Logitech mouses are about the most compatible, overall.
Remember that modern mouses, trackballs, and other similar pointing devices are computers in and of themselves, admittedly simple; I believe that most cheap ones are optimized for use with Windows (timing issues, handshaking, etc.) and other operating systems are given short shrift. It shouldn't have to be that way, but until users can discover these issues and find a way to make manufacturers respond, we're stuck!

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40
Samsung 9100 Pro 1TB PCIe 5.0 M.2 SSD
$225.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Western Digital Black SN770 1TB NVME SSD
$150.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 14" OLED 3K 120Hz Gaming Laptop
$1350.00