is it a usb mouse or a ps/2??
My curser is frozen! I cannot use my mouse. I tried 'Knoppix wheelmouse' and 'Knoppix pci=irqmask=0x0e98' to no avail. The mouse is a Labtec Optical.
Any help welcome.
is it a usb mouse or a ps/2??
ps/2
Flashed an updated BIOS and now my mouse works...at least the buttons. Working on the wheel now.
<snip>
My curser is frozen! I cannot use my mouse... The mouse is a Labtec Optical.
</snip>
Knoppix, like most Linuxes, is rather persnickety about mouses. I would consider a Labtec brand mouse to be a generic mouse from an unknown OEM; Labtec doesn't manufacture them.
I have had excellent $20 mouses that refused to work (one would not let me complete a SuSE install, for example) and $2 generic mouses that work just fine. I have found that current Logitech mouses are about the most compatible, overall.
Remember that modern mouses, trackballs, and other similar pointing devices are computers in and of themselves, admittedly simple; I believe that most cheap ones are optimized for use with Windows (timing issues, handshaking, etc.) and other operating systems are given short shrift. It shouldn't have to be that way, but until users can discover these issues and find a way to make manufacturers respond, we're stuck!

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard
$50.00
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00
Indus GT G.T. for Atari External Floppy Disk Drive w/ Case & Power Adapter
$299.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00