Did you edited resolv.conf or copied from the working source?
Check out this link I just posted:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18698
i am stuck here:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto1. Now you can "chroot" into the copied KNOPPIX:
*
o chroot /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX
If you get a whole lot of /dev/null permission denied errors, you should do the following. This can happen if you save your Knoppix configure data to the same partition that you are using here, AND if you start with Knoppix with knoppix home=scan.
Check your mount status if you met the problem: mount /dev/hdaX on /mnt/hdaX type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev) (replace X with your partiton number ) where "nodev" means that you are not accessible on mounted filesystem and you can not access /dev/null. And some scripts get output redirect to /dev/null... To solve this you should mount the target partition before you do chroot like this:
^d # control+d will exit the chroot
mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
You should then see:
mount /dev/hda1 on /mnt/hda1 type ext3 (rw)
If the /dev/null warnings persist then before the chroot do :
mkdir /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
mount --bind /KNOPPIX /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX
mount --bind /dev /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX/dev
Better to reboot your box or you have to umount /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX/dev and rm /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX before building the CD image or your /dev directory on the CD will be messed up! then you can carry on and chroot.
* You are now chrooted. "/" is actually "/mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX"
* To use the internet you need to mount proc mount -t proc /proc proc
i cannot do the proc thing. and once i chrooted, i cannot ping.
please help!
Did you edited resolv.conf or copied from the working source?
Check out this link I just posted:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18698
I do not use the wiki HOWTO remaster guide as I have found (the mounting of proc, cp resolv.conf, the big mkisofs command) too long and too annoying. I have created my own HOWTO: Remaster the easy way using menu based scripts & I just updated it today.
I hope this helps.
James

[LOT OF 96] M393B2G70QH0-CK0 SAMSUNG 16GB 2RX4 PC3-12800R
$1920.00
Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1B1 16GB DDR4 2RX4 PC4-2133P-RBB-11 Server Memory RAM
$70.00
RDIMM MICRON DDR5 SERVER MEMORY 1x16 Sticks 5600 RAM
$449.00
16GB DDR3 RAM Kit (4x4GB) 1333MHz UDIMM, PC3-10600U Memory, 240-Pin CL9 1.5V
$72.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Lot of 48x 8GB DDR4 PC4-2666V SODIMM Laptop RAM Memory - Mixed Brand/Model
$1250.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48