Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problems booting from ISO (graphics?)

  1. #1

    Problems booting from ISO (graphics?)

    Hello everyone, I'm kind of new to Linux and I'm trying to boot from a disc with the latest Knoppix ISO. On my first tries during the graphics card detection I got a black screen, so I ran with these params I found on this forum: "knoppix xmodule=fbder screen=1024x768 vsynch=60"

    Those stopped the black screen, but now it halts on the following error message:
    "Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card."

    I'm pretty sure this is a problem with my nVidia Geforce FX 5600.. any help is appreciated, thanks.

  2. #2
    Never mind, got it.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    did you get it with a trick, or did it come good.....
    it helps others.... and u techies who can then quote you

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    I meet the same problem, but I only have a i815e Graphic Card
    I just got the same "Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card."
    I wander what I can do.
    I need help.


    PS. I am sorry for my poor English.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9

    See earlier post

    If you look back a couple of weeks (search for the same title as this post) you'll find a discussion that offered several different approaches. In my case, I had to reburn the iso to CD , but then Knoppix started working properly.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    the i815 chipset will work fine under the i810 settings.
    can't recall if i had a prob with the cd boot....
    it installed fine

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble booting with ATI Radeon 9250 (PCI graphics)
    By Ursa585 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
  2. No graphics when booting (like dos)
    By mom2tatjana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 07:15 AM
  3. Stuck (graphics problems as always)
    By Lengths in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 08:22 PM
  4. Trouble booting CD: No boot graphics, various I/O errors
    By Hobbieman in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
  5. graphics card problems (two different machines)
    By beefthief in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable  picture

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable

$155.00



Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached). picture

Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached).

$95.50



Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD picture

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD

$49.97



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75



ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED picture

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED

$250.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks

$69.99



Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box picture

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box

$200.00



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00