Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problems booting from ISO (graphics?)

  1. #1

    Problems booting from ISO (graphics?)

    Hello everyone, I'm kind of new to Linux and I'm trying to boot from a disc with the latest Knoppix ISO. On my first tries during the graphics card detection I got a black screen, so I ran with these params I found on this forum: "knoppix xmodule=fbder screen=1024x768 vsynch=60"

    Those stopped the black screen, but now it halts on the following error message:
    "Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card."

    I'm pretty sure this is a problem with my nVidia Geforce FX 5600.. any help is appreciated, thanks.

  2. #2
    Never mind, got it.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    did you get it with a trick, or did it come good.....
    it helps others.... and u techies who can then quote you

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    I meet the same problem, but I only have a i815e Graphic Card
    I just got the same "Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card."
    I wander what I can do.
    I need help.


    PS. I am sorry for my poor English.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9

    See earlier post

    If you look back a couple of weeks (search for the same title as this post) you'll find a discussion that offered several different approaches. In my case, I had to reburn the iso to CD , but then Knoppix started working properly.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    the i815 chipset will work fine under the i810 settings.
    can't recall if i had a prob with the cd boot....
    it installed fine

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble booting with ATI Radeon 9250 (PCI graphics)
    By Ursa585 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
  2. No graphics when booting (like dos)
    By mom2tatjana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 07:15 AM
  3. Stuck (graphics problems as always)
    By Lengths in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 08:22 PM
  4. Trouble booting CD: No boot graphics, various I/O errors
    By Hobbieman in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
  5. graphics card problems (two different machines)
    By beefthief in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server picture

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server

$525.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard DVD English w/ 5 Client Access Licenses picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard DVD English w/ 5 Client Access Licenses

$120.00



Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License picture

Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License

$238.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w

$238.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95