Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problems booting from ISO (graphics?)

  1. #1

    Problems booting from ISO (graphics?)

    Hello everyone, I'm kind of new to Linux and I'm trying to boot from a disc with the latest Knoppix ISO. On my first tries during the graphics card detection I got a black screen, so I ran with these params I found on this forum: "knoppix xmodule=fbder screen=1024x768 vsynch=60"

    Those stopped the black screen, but now it halts on the following error message:
    "Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card."

    I'm pretty sure this is a problem with my nVidia Geforce FX 5600.. any help is appreciated, thanks.

  2. #2
    Never mind, got it.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    did you get it with a trick, or did it come good.....
    it helps others.... and u techies who can then quote you

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    I meet the same problem, but I only have a i815e Graphic Card
    I just got the same "Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card."
    I wander what I can do.
    I need help.


    PS. I am sorry for my poor English.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9

    See earlier post

    If you look back a couple of weeks (search for the same title as this post) you'll find a discussion that offered several different approaches. In my case, I had to reburn the iso to CD , but then Knoppix started working properly.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    264
    the i815 chipset will work fine under the i810 settings.
    can't recall if i had a prob with the cd boot....
    it installed fine

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble booting with ATI Radeon 9250 (PCI graphics)
    By Ursa585 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
  2. No graphics when booting (like dos)
    By mom2tatjana in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 07:15 AM
  3. Stuck (graphics problems as always)
    By Lengths in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 08:22 PM
  4. Trouble booting CD: No boot graphics, various I/O errors
    By Hobbieman in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 05:58 PM
  5. graphics card problems (two different machines)
    By beefthief in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 RAM 3000MHz CMR16GX4M2C3000C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 RAM 3000MHz CMR16GX4M2C3000C16

$70.99



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$164.95



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu picture

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu

$399.95



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM picture

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM

$37.99



SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH picture

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH

$649.95



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N picture

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N

$1100.00