-
Help! No CD No Floppy
Hi,
I'm new here, and I have a big problem.
My Laptop CD is not working, but I have been using an external USB DVD-RW.
My floppy is also USB.
Now I can't use the recovery XP cd because my laptop BIOS can't detect USB...
I'm thinking to do the following:
1. Make a new partition (G drive) and copy win98 installation files there.
2. Use Win partition Knoppis, to boot (without cd or floppy support)
3. After boot format c drive, and
4. run win98 setup from G drive.
5. From Win98, install USB DVD-RW and upgrade to XP from win98.
Can this be done? I do not know how to use knoppis to boot without cd support.
Any advice, please.
Thanks,
Similar Threads
-
By linuxman in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 11:47 PM
-
By DrWhom in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 05:12 PM
-
By john_h in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 04:47 PM
-
By SkyHawk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:40 AM
-
By clubfoot in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-07-2003, 08:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW
$49.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung 2TB 9100 PRO 14,700MB/s PCIe 5.0 x4 NVMe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-VAP2T0B/AM)
$389.49

Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.45

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra
$16.99

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

Samsung 990 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD 7,250MB/s
$285.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00