-
ntfs.sys file: Writing on ntfs partition version 3.8.1
Hi, my desktop crashed and got the 0x...24 blue screen. Knoppix recognized the HDD partitions. I am able to see the files and thanks to Knoppix 3.8 I have already saved my files to an external HDD. However, although I have done the ntfsfix command and it seems to work fine, when I reboot in windows the computer still crashes most probably because ntfs.sys file is corrupt.
I would like to change the corrupted ntfs.sys file to avoid formatting disks. If I reboot with Ghost or PE Builder, they don't detect the disks. With Knoppix 3.8 I have not managed to write the disk and change the file. If I do it through the menu it tells me to use captive (that is no longer there). If I do it manually, mounting the disk as read/write, it doesn't allow me either. I have tried with Knoppix 3.7 and captive but then it does not recognize the HDD... HELP!
Summary: (I am not a technician)- Anyone has instructions for tech dumbs, command by command, on how to write on the ntfs partition with version 3.8.1? Alternative solutions to get the "good" ntfs.sys file in my HDD?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By nvgringo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2007, 01:48 AM
-
By CytoTech in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-22-2005, 07:55 AM
-
By JamesNU in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 02:27 AM
-
By faz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2004, 05:29 PM
-
By bast in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99