Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Kernel Rebuild in English???

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2

    Kernel Rebuild in English???

    First, Thanks to all for this distro, I have been using it for 2 months as my main OS because it saves alot of time "setting up" over other distro's I've used.
    I tried to rebuild the kernel and it converts to German (I am using the English version)
    I've got a copy of Netraverse' Win4Lin which requires me to rebuild the kernel, I have done this before but only by using directions so here is what I did I got the patches form http://www.netraverse.com/member/dow...rnel_patch.php and a matching kernel from http://www.kernel.org (I used the 2.6.11.5 kernel since it had a matching patch then tried 3 others)
    I then applied the patches using "patch -p1 < ../mki-adapter.patch" (replacing mki-adapter.patch for others) then created the kernel using "make dep clean bzImage modules 2>&1 | tee make.log"
    and "make modules_install" This all worked fine except the language is changed (even the boot info is now in German) Win4Lin even works. The same results happen without using any patches.
    How do I rebuild the kernel and force it to use English??
    TIA

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8

    Re: Kernel Rebuild in English???

    Quote Originally Posted by sonny73044
    How do I rebuild the kernel and force it to use English??
    TIA
    Have you tried the knoppix cheat lang=us ?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    Check the file '/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg'.
    Under 'Default Linux', you'll find the 'lang=' cheat.
    Just change that to 'lang=us' and you're set!
    I'm looking at Knoppix 3.8, but it should be similar whith other versions.

Similar Threads

  1. Rebuild kernel from livecd?
    By WoofDeF in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 08:37 PM
  2. Initrd after kernel rebuild?
    By juerg in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 02:45 PM
  3. MPPE needed for PPTP VPN CLIENT=>imposes kernel rebuild ?
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:30 PM
  4. Can I get knoppix Kernel source and customize? rebuild
    By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 10:16 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$52.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD  picture

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD

$13.00



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$35.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia picture

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia

$16.59



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00