-
ntfs.sys file: Writing on ntfs partition version 3.8.1
Hi, my desktop crashed and got the 0x...24 blue screen. Knoppix recognized the HDD partitions. I am able to see the files and thanks to Knoppix 3.8 I have already saved my files to an external HDD. However, although I have done the ntfsfix command and it seems to work fine, when I reboot in windows the computer still crashes most probably because ntfs.sys file is corrupt.
I would like to change the corrupted ntfs.sys file to avoid formatting disks. If I reboot with Ghost or PE Builder, they don't detect the disks. With Knoppix 3.8 I have not managed to write the disk and change the file. If I do it through the menu it tells me to use captive (that is no longer there). If I do it manually, mounting the disk as read/write, it doesn't allow me either. I have tried with Knoppix 3.7 and captive but then it does not recognize the HDD... HELP!
Summary: (I am not a technician)- Anyone has instructions for tech dumbs, command by command, on how to write on the ntfs partition with version 3.8.1? Alternative solutions to get the "good" ntfs.sys file in my HDD?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By nvgringo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2007, 01:48 AM
-
By CytoTech in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-22-2005, 07:55 AM
-
By JamesNU in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 02:27 AM
-
By faz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2004, 05:29 PM
-
By bast in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included
$299.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97