-
How do I update a program?
Limewire keeps bugging me to upgrade, but I wanna know how to do it before I start.
So, I guess I'm going to download a file, probably a .tar.gz, but I'm not sure about that...
That's all I can say for sure...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Limewire's never been my favourite p2p, but, for what it's worth:
you might as well remove the old Limewire first (or while you're downloading the fresh one).
Just go into the original Limewire directory, find a directory called UninstallerData. Within that you'll find a bash script which you need to run.
so cd /path/to/LimeWire/UninstallerData
then
./Uninstall_LimeWire
should remove the old version.
In the meantime, you'll have downloaded the new version to your /home directory.
First, right click on the icon of the download, select Actions>Extract Here
Now cd to the new LimeWire directory and read README.txt
Similar Threads
-
By 105547111 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-17-2007, 05:40 AM
-
By hpwong28 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2006, 04:42 PM
-
By palewhite in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 11:50 PM
-
By Mustang64 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2004, 09:36 PM
-
By Bothersome in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95