I've been dual-booting Debian and Win2k for a while now and am loving it. However, I just upgraded my box to 64-bit and I need to reinstall both Windows and Linux. Normally I install Windows first and then let Linux overwrite the MBR to take control and allow the dual-boot. But it seems that my Win2k Setup CD is unable to undo what the previous installation of Linux has done to the drive and now I can't install WindowsSetup keeps telling me that it gets to 100% formatting the desired partition (no matter where on the drive I try to make it) and then says it was unable to format; which leads me to believe that it's the boot sector or MBR that is messed. I am able to use fdisk to format the drive with no issues and have been able to format the desired partitions from within Windows by plugging the drive into a spare machine. I was also able to use a Win98 CD to write a new MBR and a new boot sector, but neither seemed to solve the issue.
Please help, how can I go about reinstalling these two operating systems?

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$105.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53
Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$519.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB, SDSSDH3 2.5" SSD Drive SATA III 6GB/S (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56