-
OErjan thanks for your rather significant research effort. However, I took a more direct approach. I used the Mandrake disk partitioner on their Disk 1 and deleted all partitions on the HDD, then created a FAT32 partition using the entire HDD. I then used FDISK to delete that partition and subsequently created a new Primary DOS partition, formatted, and installed Win ME. I had to do this because even after deleting all partitions, the Lilo boot utility was still there and that was the only way I could get rid of it.
Unfortunately, looking at your solution brings back very unpleasant memories of endless hours of manually entering code while trying to get my application to work, only to find out that I didn't have "permission" to perform a given function. Those were significant factors in killing my interest in Linux.
In defense of Knoppix, In addition to Knoppix I tried Fedora, SuSE, and Mandrake. Knoppix(3.7) was by far the best distro. It recognised my sound and video cards easilly, and the GUI portion was fairly straight forward.
Thanks again,
Mike
Similar Threads
-
By chipyoung in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2006, 01:42 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 11:34 PM
-
By ewangr in forum General Support
Replies: 27
Last Post: 08-12-2004, 04:01 PM
-
By bilzer in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 05:43 AM
-
By Sucker in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-29-2003, 11:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55