Try dmesg or /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog. There are daemon specific logs in /var/log/ as well.
Hello,
I am fairly new to Linux and was wondering if there is a file that holds the text that is displayed on boot up. I have installed Knoppix 3.7 to the hard disk on a Dell Latitude C600 as the only OS, but I keep getting some error messages that aren't displayed long enough for me to read them properly.
Thanks in advance
Stef![]()
Try dmesg or /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog. There are daemon specific logs in /var/log/ as well.
Thanks, I will have a look tonight
Stef![]()
also ctrl-s will pause during boot
(IIRC ctrl-o unpauses it)
Yep, forgot to say that ScrollLock pauses as well.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72