-
Chinese Language Support?
Could the next version of KNOPPIX integrated the Chinese input method? and beautiful Chinese font?
and Accroding to version 3.2, when I use the mozilla to view a chinese traditional website (ex. Yahoo! Taiwan), the text spacing is too large.!! It doesn't happen in version 3.1.
P.S. I means the Chinese(Traditional) not Chinese(Simplified).
Related Website:
Chinese Input Method -- XCIN : http://xcin.linux.org.tw/ (English)
Chinese Linux Extension : http://cle.linux.org.tw/ (Chinese(T))
-
I don't think Klauss will do that, and I've made a KNOPPIX CD with Simplified Chinese language support.
However, It seemed that the original kernel version doesn't inclued the support of Chinese codepage or iocharset (as for Simplified Chinese, it is cp936 or 936, GB2312), so the filenames cannot be correctly displayed neither in CONSOLE nor in Desktop, so I suggest that the Chinese support (both traditional and simplified) should be added into the kernel. The other "user layer" language support can be DIYed and it's very easy.
-
Senior Member
registered user
How do you add the user layers afterwards ? BTW, what should be done to enable the necessary code pages in the kernel ?
I understand that if I run X11, I need the Xcin package. Is there anything else ?
thanks in advance.
-
but I can't install XCIN, because the binary directory(/usr/bin) is not writable, so XCIN can't install it. Do any one have solution?
-
Senior Member
registered user
the beauty of KNOPPIX is that it is a system run from CD, the downside of it is, you cannot install anything.
just install it on the harddisk, look under the DOC link on this site.
-
Chinese language support in knoppix would be very nice for me as well.
I hope someone will add this soon, or tell me how I can add it. I can't read/write chinese but need this for my girlfriend.
Regards,
Marcel
-
-
link doesnt work
-
It was working at the time I posted it and I doubt the Taiwan linux.org site has mysteriously dissapeared. I would try again in a few hours.
-
Geeze, It's been a long time now and debian.linux.org.tw is still not responding. Here is another source I dug up:
ftp://ftp2.tnc.edu.tw/pub1/KNOPPIX/3Anoppix/
Similar Threads
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By conantang in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 06:16 PM
-
By urpk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 11:05 PM
-
By krell in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 01:08 AM
-
By ryo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-09-2003, 05:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00