Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Chinese Language Support?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    Chinese Language Support?

    Could the next version of KNOPPIX integrated the Chinese input method? and beautiful Chinese font?

    and Accroding to version 3.2, when I use the mozilla to view a chinese traditional website (ex. Yahoo! Taiwan), the text spacing is too large.!! It doesn't happen in version 3.1.

    P.S. I means the Chinese(Traditional) not Chinese(Simplified).



    Related Website:
    Chinese Input Method -- XCIN : http://xcin.linux.org.tw/ (English)
    Chinese Linux Extension : http://cle.linux.org.tw/ (Chinese(T))

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9
    I don't think Klauss will do that, and I've made a KNOPPIX CD with Simplified Chinese language support.
    However, It seemed that the original kernel version doesn't inclued the support of Chinese codepage or iocharset (as for Simplified Chinese, it is cp936 or 936, GB2312), so the filenames cannot be correctly displayed neither in CONSOLE nor in Desktop, so I suggest that the Chinese support (both traditional and simplified) should be added into the kernel. The other "user layer" language support can be DIYed and it's very easy.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    How do you add the user layers afterwards ? BTW, what should be done to enable the necessary code pages in the kernel ?

    I understand that if I run X11, I need the Xcin package. Is there anything else ?

    thanks in advance.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2
    but I can't install XCIN, because the binary directory(/usr/bin) is not writable, so XCIN can't install it. Do any one have solution?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    the beauty of KNOPPIX is that it is a system run from CD, the downside of it is, you cannot install anything.

    just install it on the harddisk, look under the DOC link on this site.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1
    Chinese language support in knoppix would be very nice for me as well.
    I hope someone will add this soon, or tell me how I can add it. I can't read/write chinese but need this for my girlfriend.

    Regards,
    Marcel

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    84

  8. #8
    link doesnt work

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    84
    It was working at the time I posted it and I doubt the Taiwan linux.org site has mysteriously dissapeared. I would try again in a few hours.

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Posts
    84
    Geeze, It's been a long time now and debian.linux.org.tw is still not responding. Here is another source I dug up:

    ftp://ftp2.tnc.edu.tw/pub1/KNOPPIX/3Anoppix/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. keyboard language different from console language?
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
  2. I want a Chinese release. WHERE can I get it?
    By conantang in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 06:16 PM
  3. Urdu Language Support in Knoppix
    By urpk in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 11:05 PM
  4. Korean Language support
    By krell in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 01:08 AM
  5. support chinese ?
    By ryo in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 05:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99