At a guess, I'd say you're missing the kernel sources.
But how are you compiling?
Usually you'll do:
./configure
make
su to root and
make install.
I'm unsure of how this driver needs to be built.
I'm trying to compile the driver module for the ZD1201 USB WLAN driver. Downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=94356. I keep getting the following error:
knoppix@2[zd1201-0.14]$ make
make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/ M=/home/knoppix/zd1201-0.14 modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/UNIONFS/usr/src/linux-2.6.11'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `modules'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/UNIONFS/usr/src/linux-2.6.11'
make: *** [modules] Error 2
Any suggestions how I can resolve this problem?
At a guess, I'd say you're missing the kernel sources.
But how are you compiling?
Usually you'll do:
./configure
make
su to root and
make install.
I'm unsure of how this driver needs to be built.
I am compiling in Knoppix3.8.1. The kernel sources are present under /usr/src as far as I can see. There is no config file in the driver package. In the readme of the driver there is also no mention of a config file. All it says that is the kernel is newer than 2.6.10 you don't need to patch the kernel, and you can run make to compile the driver.
what does
uname -r
show?
Any advice on the site/in the readme about gcc or make versions?
Are you sure you've got the kernel sources?
uname -r shows 2.6.11.
I also posted this question in the ZD1201 driver forum a week ago, but no answer as yet.
The size of the /usr/src directory is 23.6MB. So I think the kernel source is there.
But I do see the "modules" directory is empty. Does this mean the Knoppix CD made with incomplete kernel sources?

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
(LOT OF 72) KINGSTON 8GB RAM 1Rx8 PC4-2400R DDR4 Memory
$2000.99
1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99