-
How to show Data Transfer
Hello Guys,
I want to know how much is the speed of my HD or the CDROM with Knoppix 3.8.
Is there a Tool like "Windows Performance Monitor" which show this?
I have tried HDParm with -t,but this shows only a Value for one Time.I need to measure constantly (for using different kind of Hardware).
Thank You!
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can do ' hdparm -t /dev/blah ' multiple times (I usually do 3.)
You can also copy a file from cdrom / HD to " /dev/null " and this will give you the *maximum* sustained transfer speed, but it's not exactly real-world data.
' time cp -v /mnt/cdrom/file /dev/null '
--For a norton-utilities type monitor, I did:
' apt-cache search hardware |sort |less ' and found:
hardinfo - Displays system information
hardware-monitor - Monitor applet for the Gnome panel
Also:
gkrellm-hdplop - A hard drive activity monitor GKrellM plugin
--I have no personal experience with these pkgs, but it is a place to start.
Similar Threads
-
By rundream in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-04-2008, 04:15 PM
-
By protiek in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2007, 09:25 AM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By Akizok in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 01:37 PM
-
By kwx in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 04:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72