Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: kernel-headers 2.6.11 for Prism54 USB2 wireless

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8

    kernel-headers 2.6.11 for Prism54 USB2 wireless

    I want to remaster the 3.8.1 knoppix, I've copied the files to a usb hard drive and have chrooted to it. I'm trying to build the Prism54 drivers from here http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/index.html but it would appear I require the kernel-headers to go with the kernel on the cd. I can only see kernel-headers-2.6.11-1 when I do an apt-cache search.

    Do these kernel headers exist?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    They seem to:
    Code:
    apt-get -s install kernel-headers-2.6.11-1
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      kernel-headers-2.6.11-1
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 442 not upgraded.
    Inst kernel-headers-2.6.11-1 (2.6.11-3 Debian:unstable)
    Conf kernel-headers-2.6.11-1 (2.6.11-3 Debian:unstable)
    Don't forget to remove the -s (simulate) flag if you use apt.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8
    That's what I got, but they are 2.6.11 with Debian patches to 2.6.11-1.

    What I did find was that I needed to copy the /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.6.11 off the cd to my hard drive, apt-get install kernel-kbuild which installed 2.6.3 kbuild, and in order to get some way I needed to copy the scripts directory into the kernel-headers directory. Managed to get the module to build but I'm now experiencing difficulty in loading them

Similar Threads

  1. Kernel Headers
    By ryanpq in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 01:22 PM
  2. USB2 driver only in 2.4 kernel?
    By ewangr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 09:11 PM
  3. Sanitized Kernel Headers?
    By debi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 06:28 PM
  4. prism54 wireless lan drivers
    By tchough in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2004, 02:18 AM
  5. kernel-headers. where are they?
    By sauvaget in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 07:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC picture

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC

$40.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00