-
Burning to CD
I have burned 3.8.1 to a CD but I notice that the 80min CD has less sectors available than there is in the ISO file. When I try to boot with it the kernel loads but it isnt loading the rest of the disk. Any ideas? The CD was blank.. there wasnt any space used. Could the drive not recognize all the free space on the disk?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Burning to CD

Originally Posted by
zeroshard
I have burned 3.8.1 to a CD but I notice that the 80min CD has less sectors available than there is in the ISO file. When I try to boot with it the kernel loads but it isnt loading the rest of the disk. Any ideas? The CD was blank.. there wasnt any space used. Could the drive not recognize all the free space on the disk?
I no nothing of this sector count of which you speak, but I notice you don't give any actual numbers. None the less, you are wrong. The iso file does indeed fit on an 80 minute CD if you burn it properly. Follow the instructions in the documentation section and the downloading faq and be sure to check the md5 sum, burn the iso as an image and burn it at a slow speed (4x suggested).
Similar Threads
-
By Shorinusa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
-
By clifbone in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 10:12 PM
-
By Guider in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 08:59 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 08:08 AM
-
By sblacklord in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 10:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67