Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: WLAN Config Problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1

    WLAN Config Problem

    Hi,

    I use Knoppix 3.8 live CD and want to run a Netgear MA401 WLAN-PCMCIA card. After inserting the card, lsmod shows me that orinoco_cs modules are loaded automatically. I expected a prism2 module but the card is recognized anyway as eth0. The command iwconfig shows me that eth0 is available.

    Then I do the following commands:

    iwconfig eth0 essid "ConnectionPoint"
    iwconfig eth0 key s:mypassword
    iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc
    iwconfig eth0 ap any

    Now I expect that I get an IP via DHCP, but iwconfig doesn't show an IP, furthermore I can't see eth0 when running ifconfig.

    Can someone help me?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6

    Re: WLAN Config Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by scara
    Hi,

    I use Knoppix 3.8 live CD and want to run a Netgear MA401 WLAN-PCMCIA card. After inserting the card, lsmod shows me that orinoco_cs modules are loaded automatically. I expected a prism2 module but the card is recognized anyway as eth0. The command iwconfig shows me that eth0 is available.

    Then I do the following commands:

    iwconfig eth0 essid "ConnectionPoint"
    iwconfig eth0 key s:mypassword
    iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc
    iwconfig eth0 ap any

    Now I expect that I get an IP via DHCP, but iwconfig doesn't show an IP, furthermore I can't see eth0 when running ifconfig.

    Can someone help me?
    Either configure etc/network/interfaces, or execute 'pump -i eth0' as root (or 'sudo -i eth0'). 'pump' is a DHCP client.

    Dutch

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6

    It worked!!!! Now a question??????????

    I have an IBM Thinkpad 600 with a Netgear MA401. I thought I'd never get wireless to work, but voila! After reading this post, it works!!!

    I did the following:

    SU
    iwconfig eth0 essid "ConnectionPoint"
    iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc
    iwconfig eth0 ap any
    'pump -i eth0'

    The light from the Netgear MA401 goes from blinking to solid, and I can surf the net! Awesome!!

    Now, should I decide to install Knoppix 4.0 on my system and I do this, will it be permanent? Or will I have to adjust a boot script?

    Thanks

    Tom

Similar Threads

  1. WLAN Config, Netcard-Config etc.
    By killozap in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 08:41 AM
  2. WLAN config get lost ESSID and KEY
    By StefanR in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 08:50 AM
  3. Better Wlan config tools
    By lotech in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 05:08 PM
  4. WLAN-config on bootup
    By cybersmurf in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:05 PM
  5. wlan config fail ... iwconfig ...
    By sirzion in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



Team Group T-FORCE DARK Z (2x8GB 3200MHz) Desktop Memory CL16 DDR4 16GB Kit picture

Team Group T-FORCE DARK Z (2x8GB 3200MHz) Desktop Memory CL16 DDR4 16GB Kit

$74.99



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM picture

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM

$120.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00