-
Stalled downloads
Knoppix (Kanotix) are GREAT!!!
Now to my problem,
(I've had this before in Linux. It's back)
Http downloads are stalling in every application I try.
I have been using Downloader for X (D4X) to bring my files down.
(This D4X is great)
But, KGet Firefox, Konqueror, everything else sooner or later stalls out.
(Sometimes I get lucky, mostly not.)
aMule works great!
Where can I look to find out my problem??
I am on Kanotix 2005-2 using a DWL-122 (That works great in WinXP)
The Kanotix site is mostly German and even though I am half German
my Mexican side does not habla Aleman.
What logs or config could give me the magic scoop!!
Please all HELP!!
-
Solved my problem
This is what Kano suggested
(Notice the *off* not just an uncomment)
Maybe disable ipv6 support. Change ipv6 to off in
/etc/modprobe.d/aliases
and run
update-modules
be sure to remove ipv6 from
/etc/modules-$(uname -r)
too, it in there. Then try a reboot.
Like this:
alias net-pf-10 off
Also another gentleman suggested:
Konqueror is a killer browser, unfortunately it is crippled by a well-known problem with non-ipv6 compliant web sites. It sits there forever while trying to decide between ipv4 and ipv6.
To fix the problem, add the following line in /etc/environment:
KDE_NO_IPV6=true
Restart KDE and enjoy the speed!
After a reinstall and making sure there the * off * was in place
(I think an upgrade to my system may have added IPV6 back in)
and adding the KDE_NO_IPV6=true ,
my networking is not stalling on downloads
and seems back to normal.
Similar Threads
-
By dav2900 in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-01-2006, 03:29 AM
-
By swazi in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:17 AM
-
By musclemania2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 04:26 AM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 05:42 AM
-
By alex121 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 02:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP
$149.99

ASUS Blade Server LAN Web Remote Management KVM Module Chip IPMI 2.0 ASMB9-iKVM
$49.99

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00