-
root password reset itself
I recently did a Knoppix 3.7 install, and everything seemed to be going smoothly until this morning when I tried to input my root password and an error came up telling me that the password was incorrect. I tried several times, but it kept telling me that the password was wrong. I then booted into single-user mode and reset the root password, and then rebooted normally. Again when I tried to input the root password it told me that it was incorrect.
Any ideas as to what could be causing this and how it can be fixed?
Thanks a lot
Jeff
-
Senior Member
registered user
Is caps lock on?
Are you using a non US (or non German) keyboard and making use of keys other than the alpha numeric ones?
-
I wish
Ha, I wish that I had caps lock on. And I am using a standard US keyboard. This appears to be a worse problem than just something stupid like caps-lock or keyboard.
-
Senior Member
registered user
How did you perform your HD install? Which method did you choose: Debian, Beginner, Knoppix. See http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Install_HowTo
Similar Threads
-
By askme in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:47 AM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:48 AM
-
By CyberShadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By VBgod in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial
$309.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99