I've been looking at the loadlin.exe posts.
I see a lot of Knoppix posters using it to boot the compressed Knoppix iso from DOS.
Can you use loadlin to boot to a hard drive installation?
sakiZ
I've been looking at the loadlin.exe posts.
I see a lot of Knoppix posters using it to boot the compressed Knoppix iso from DOS.
Can you use loadlin to boot to a hard drive installation?
sakiZ
<<Can you use loadlin to boot to a hard drive installation? >>
Why yes sakiZ, you can. I've been researching this for you.
Seriously, I discovered that the command you use when you want to boot the CD to boot to a full hard drive installation also works just fine with Loadlin. (Loadlin is a nifty little boot loader that works in DOS. This is how some folks boot a Poor Man's Install. But it also works for a full HD install.)
Let's assume that the install partition is /dev/hda3
You substitute 'Knoppix' with 'Loadlin' thus:
The command is: Loadlin root=/dev/hda3 noinitrd ro
Use what ever other additional cheat codes you need to.
sakiZ

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00
Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00