Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: WIERD Dial Up Problem, HELP?!?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    72

    WIERD Dial Up Problem, HELP?!?

    I've been pulling out my hair on this one for 2 days and am about to give up on Knoppix and Kanotix:

    I recently installed Kanotix 2005-1 and configured it with my external 56k modem. All appears to work fine, EXCEPT, I cannot access my accounts at PayPal, eBay, Yahoo Mail or Hotmail. My biggest concern is PayPal and eBay because there isn't a work around like the mail services. If I can't log in, I can't use them.

    Here's a thread on what I've tried so far:

    http://forum.kanotix.net/viewtopic.php?t=7747

    Basically I tried:
    Kanotix with: Firefox 1.0 and 1.0.3, and Konqueror
    Knoppix with Firefox 1.0 and Konqueror
    Damn Small Linux with: Firefox 0.92
    I'm not on a network and I don't have a firewall set up

    Where I'm at right now is that I don't think it's a browser problem, I think it's got to do with how Knoppix sets up a dialup modem. The reason I think this is the problem is because I don't have this problem when boot with Damn Small Linux (which is a Debian / Knoppix derivative).

    PLEASE, CAN ANYONE HELP???

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    72
    Well I don't know exactly what the cause is, but I found how to fix it.

    There's either a bug or something different in how the Kanotix Modem Dialer works that causes the problem. I tried using "WVDIAL" instead and the problem went away!

    Paul

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    also, firefox doesnt come with the plug ins when you download them, you have to download them... (of course this isnt 100% correct in some cases, like when you mod your cd)

Similar Threads

  1. Wierd errors inlog when installing Knoppix 3.6 to HD
    By ruin2it3 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:30 AM
  2. Wierd USB key problem, can anyone help?
    By pblue in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 06:01 PM
  3. Wierd SSH problem
    By MorskNorsk in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 06:03 AM
  4. Dial up problem.
    By Wayne W in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 02:53 AM
  5. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.66