There are a few, I still have my license but haven't operated for a couple of years.
73
Paul (kf6til)
I was rather curious to see if their were any Ham Radio operators out their?
I've recentally (05/05/05) recieved my licence!
-Jameson (KB3MGR)
There are a few, I still have my license but haven't operated for a couple of years.
73
Paul (kf6til)
Yea, we're around.
whats a Ham radio???
there are many. the most popular Chinese Knoppix version is called BV1AL knoppix, and you guess it right, he is a ham.
73,
Frank Chen, bx2ah, Taipei
Originally Posted by Jameson
I am N6RE but not operating any gear. Hold the two-way distance record for US.Amateur F/M fast scan TV of 208miles on 10,000MHZ band.
73
Do any of you guys know a bloke called "Sam" from Sydney Australia ... he lives up the road a bit, or used to. Not a bad bloke ... immersed ... I can't remember his call-sign as it would be around 20 years or so ago ...
jm
There are Ham's out there like you see.
In Germany there is also a special HAM-Version of Knoppix availible (AFU-Knoppix with many extra tools for PSK31, RTTY, SSTV, FAX, APRS, Packet Radio, logging, antenna calculation and so on). But i think it's time for a new one since it is 3.7-based. Don't know wheather there is something similar availible from some english guys.
DB1SOA
p.s.: I don't know the Sam from Sydney, sorry.![]()
I passed & got a novice license back in 1993 or 1994. At that time, my interests in computing dominated my interests in Ham so I never went on to pursue a tech or tech+ license. I never did get a hang of CW. Under the watchful eye of a general (i think higher)licensed operator, Me & some buddies competed on [url=http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/fd/Field Day[/url] 1994. I don't remeber the freq or wavelength we were transmitting on, but we CQ'd & QSO'd from Long Island NY to Ontario, CAN to Maryland all on a car battery. Certainly not a super-duper ultimate record but it impressed me.
Mmmmm good times.

Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed
$129.99
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99
Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck
$99.99
Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works
$169.99
Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS
$35.00
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00
Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99
Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd
$63.99