I've had this proble happen to me before, but I somehow fixed it. I can't remember how.
Old url http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...66d00e30811372
The same thing has happened again. My monitor is not included in the kxconfig list, so I don't know what to choose. I just picked one that's 17 inches and Sony, since mine is a Trinitron 17". I looked on the back, the model is N-701T.I installed Knoppix just to see what Linux was like. I had one problem with it, the display was wrong.
I have a 17 inch trinitron monitor with a TNT 2 Pro graphics card.
I had black borders around my Knoppix desktop, but I lived with it. Now half an hour later, I shut down Knoppix, take the CD out, and reboot into 98se.
The problem is still there, but different. To the sides, my monitor is squished. In the center, the text is allright. But to the sides, like my Start button is 1/10th it's original size. So is my clock.
I am also getting trouble when I do manage to get some of the drivers installed. A runtime.dll error on NVARCH16.dll
Please, I need some urgent help. I've been trying to fix it for about 3-4 hours now.
Anyone know how to fix this? I'm so scared I messed everything up!
I booted into safe mode, uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, and set my new drivers as Standard VGA. I then reinstalled drivers. Same thing. I tried different drivers 3 different times. Any way to fix this?

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot of 18 Various 16GB DDR4 2400T Server RAM. May have damage, not tested.
$900.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98