Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Nvidia card - Missing Kernel Interface

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274

    Nvidia card - Missing Kernel Interface

    So I downloaded a driver for my graphics card and did a console login (without x) to install it. When I ran it, then installer came up and eventually go to a point where it said I didn't have a kernel interface or something of the like. So I chose the create one type thingy, and it loaded a bit and said it couldn't be created. I tried connecting to the internet with pon (after i configured with pppconfig) and it just started and then before it even dialed...Stopped. The question here is...Why won't it make a kernel interface? Is it because I'm using the 2.6.9-kanotix-8 kernel? Should I get a more regular kernel? And how do I do that?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Hard to know!

    But here's what you usually do:

    download something like NVIDIA-linux-486.run

    make sure it's executable.

    log out and log in again as root in console mode.

    pon

    cd to wherever the .run file is

    ./NVID(hit tab here and it'll autocomplete)

    work your way through the licence and eventually it should install.

    If you're not connected to the Internet, and the script needs to get something from the nVidia site, it'll fail, every time.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    Well.....I tried pon.....But for some reason it didn't work....I heard the little click that the modem makes when you start connecting, and then about 5 seconds later.....It clicked again and turned off. It never dialed...And it kept doing this even after I turned it off.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    k, just tried it again, and pon worked this time. but it still said it couldn't connect to download.nvidia.com

Similar Threads

  1. Kernel missing from HD install?
    By riscbroker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 08:49 PM
  2. 3.7 2.4.27 kernel regeneration fails -- what am I missing
    By BillS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 05:04 PM
  3. Customising the kernel - who has the missing link
    By toltech in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 09:43 AM
  4. kernel updating, is there something I'm missing?
    By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 11:10 PM
  5. KErnel Upgrade = missing devices?
    By katsushiro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 05:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More

$300.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985 picture

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985

$32.00



Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed picture

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed

$125.00



Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear picture

Vintage Apple Pro Mouse M5769 Wired Optical USB White/Clear

$24.99



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00