-
Please Ignore - Missed the Obvious & I've Solved Problem
Turned out all the problem was that I had been using Winamp to play music out of one of the subfolders of the folder I was trying to rename and though I'd gone on to play a CD instead winamp had somehow still remained attached to the folder. When I closed Winamp I was able to rename the files and folders no problem...
Hello all,
Wondering if you could help at all, might be more of a Windows problem than a Knoppix problem but I’m not sure. Basically I used Knoppix recently in a rescue situation to boot up a damaged hard-disk that I couldn’t get access to otherwise (Window’s just gave me Blue Screens of Deaths). Knoppix seems to be a very handy program for that sort of thing
I managed to copy across the 70gig of important files across to my existing disk running Windows XP (Pro SP2) and while they play fine (mostly being audio files) their coming up as read only in the attributes tab of windows explorer. The tab is ticked under read-only and is also light grey shaded in for some reason. I’ve tried deselecting read only and Windows tells me its applying that to the folders and sub-folders, only it lies, as when I go back in to the properties tab afterwards their still read only.
It’s great to have my music back but I would really like to be able to edit it properly and reorganize the folders to include the new music I’ve got in the meantime. Any idea as to why this could be happening at all or what I could do about it?...
Thanks in advance for any replies!
Glyn
Similar Threads
-
By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-20-2007, 10:04 AM
-
By rooskie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-01-2004, 06:21 AM
-
By stux in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 11:31 AM
-
By RealNitro in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2003, 12:34 PM
-
By VeeDubb in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99

Scotch 8104J 10.5" Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe
$29.99

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99

IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D
$219.99