Turned out all the problem was that I had been using Winamp to play music out of one of the subfolders of the folder I was trying to rename and though I'd gone on to play a CD instead winamp had somehow still remained attached to the folder. When I closed Winamp I was able to rename the files and folders no problem...
Hello all,
Wondering if you could help at all, might be more of a Windows problem than a Knoppix problem but I’m not sure. Basically I used Knoppix recently in a rescue situation to boot up a damaged hard-disk that I couldn’t get access to otherwise (Window’s just gave me Blue Screens of Deaths). Knoppix seems to be a very handy program for that sort of thing![]()
I managed to copy across the 70gig of important files across to my existing disk running Windows XP (Pro SP2) and while they play fine (mostly being audio files) their coming up as read only in the attributes tab of windows explorer. The tab is ticked under read-only and is also light grey shaded in for some reason. I’ve tried deselecting read only and Windows tells me its applying that to the folders and sub-folders, only it lies, as when I go back in to the properties tab afterwards their still read only.
It’s great to have my music back but I would really like to be able to edit it properly and reorganize the folders to include the new music I’ve got in the meantime. Any idea as to why this could be happening at all or what I could do about it?...
Thanks in advance for any replies!
Glyn

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
Lot of 4 SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 2Rx8 SODIMM RAM HMA82GS6DJR8N-VK
$334.99
Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$159.95
Levem Sinba DDR4-3000 32GB 2x16GB Gaming Desktop Memory JROC4U3000172408-8Mx2
$115.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98